Here in lies the official call for entries for the 6th annual Rainboeliza Postcard Project! Open to one and all: artists, writers, children, adults, crafters, folks "without an ounce of art in their bones." Any and all are welcome and encourage to join! This year's theme is:
violet |ˈvī(ə)lət| noun1 a herbaceous plant of temperate regions, typically having purple, blue, or white five-petaled flowers, one of which forms a landing pad for pollinating insects.[Genus Viola, family Violaceae (the violet family): many species, including the dog violet and sweet violet . See also viola2.][Genus Viola, family Violaceae (the violet family): many species, including the dog violet and sweet violet . See also viola2.]• used in names of similar-flowered plants of other families, e.g., African violet.2 a bluish-purple color seen at the end of the spectrum opposite red.adjectiveof a purplish-blue color.ORIGIN Middle English: from Old French violette, diminutive of viole, from Latinviola ‘violet.’
[ RULES ]
The theme is VIOLET
Open to all and any interpretation!
Must follow standard postcard format, meaning:
• stamp in top right corner + address below
• NO envelopes - period!
(well, unless the envelope is the postcard)
The markings of the post office are what make it special!
Must include your name somewhere
(anywhere on the postcard)
so due credit can be given.
Size? There are no size restrictions except it must be able to fit the stamp, address and your name. There also are no restrictions on how many postcards you send.
What you do with the postcard beyond this is all you. . . creative, bought, gifted, "boring", cut, sliced, baked, glued, recycled, sewed, printed, painted, stacked, stained, smoked, hand-me-down, or perhaps it's made of plastic, wood, bamboo, cereal boxes, books, cloth, clay, or ???
Uh, do keep it legal please!
All entries must be postmarked by
May 31st, 2015
and addressed to:
May 31st, 2015
and addressed to:
POSTCARD PROJECT 2015
154 Endslow Road
Marietta, PA 17547
[ MORE INFORMATION ]
• All postcards will be photographed or scanned and uploaded to the Rainboeliza Facebook Page and blog as they are received.
• A studio opening/show maybe an option. Information will come on this as it is able.
• No postcards will be returned. By participating you're giving permission to have your postcard archived and displayed as part of the Rainboeliza Postcard Project.
• Please be sure to document your work before mailing. The Postal System is not 100% effective, which means your postcard may not arrive or may arrive damaged. Also, for those of you who like to break the rules (and I am a fan of rule breaking when it comes to art), but more specifically rule No.2 it would be great if you could email me an image of your postcard that way I know it is you and once again, I can give you credit.
• Cost of shipping your postcard is your responsibility and will clearly depend on your dimension weight etc. Please check with your local Post Office.
• To see last year's entries for ideas or just because, click on the words "postcard project" at the top of this blog or to the right in the "cloud" of words.
• Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Postcard Project 2015 is on!